Activating Tazamobile prepaid card for the first time
In order to activate your personal Tazamobile number you will need to:
- 1. Register your number (Any Tazashop or point of sale)
- 2. Insert your SIM card in your mobile device
- 3. Turn on your device from the ON/OFF button
- 4. Enter your personal PIN 1 code (will be found in the connection package)
- 5. Make a chargeable call or call 1252 (free of charge) to activate your number
If you lose your device or your SIM card, immediately call the Customer service department (13830) in order to deactivate your personal connection. For your own safety, please visit your nearest Tazashop and fill in the required form.
What you will find in your TAZA mobile package
In the Tazamobile prepaid connection package, you will find a free SIM card, a guide book and your personal PIN1 & PUK1 and PIN2 & PUK2 codes.
- PIN 1 is a four digit number that you will need to entre in order to activate your device. This will protect you against unauthorized use. If you entre an incorrect password three times your SIM card will be blocked and you will need your personal PUK 1 code in order to unblock it.
- PUK 1 is an eight digit code that you will need to entre in case your SIM card is locked due to three incorrect entries of your personal PIN 1.
- PIN 2 is a four digit code that you will need in order to set up some of the device’s parameters, such as locking the directory etc.
- PUK 2 is an eight digit code that you will need to entre in case your SIM card is locked due to three incorrect entries of your personal PIN 2.
Keep these codes at a safe place at all times.
If you enter a wrong PUK1 or PUK2 code for ten times your personal SIM card will be cancelled for your own safety.
- Call 1252 from your mobile phone:
- To renew your prepaid air time (via Taza or Vodafone scratch card or e-voucher).
- To find out how much credit you have left and when it expires.
- To find out when you last renewed your air time.